Convenient shipping is everything that customers demand.
Thanks to the courier companies, they have introduced overnight shipping options. Now eCommerce stores can keep customers happy by offering them overnight delivery.
So, even if you get last-minute orders, the fastest overnight shipping options can help you fulfill them.
What is Overnight Shipping?
If you are looking for the quickest delivery, you need an overnight shipping option. For most courier companies, overnight shipping guarantees next business day delivery.
However, the overnight shipping services might be different with courier companies. Most of the companies have daily cut-off times for receiving overnight delivery orders. Next-day delivery cannot be guaranteed for orders placed after the cut-off time.
Also, depending on the shipping service, weekend orders might take an extra working day to arrive.
The Top Cheapest Overnight Shipping Options
Who does overnight shipping?
If this question has popped up in your mind, then let us tell you that there are several overnight shipping options like USPS overnight shipping, overnight delivery by FedEx, UPS, etc.
Talking of the cheapest overnight shipping, there are quite a few options. However, get these quick rules up your sleeve to find out the best overnight shipping service.
- The bigger your shipment, the more expensive it is. When calculating shipping costs, the size of the package is more important than the weight. For shipments above 70 lbs, pick the UPS Overnight delivery or FedEx overnight shipping (also known as FedEx Priority Shipping). Both the courier companies are reliable when it comes to overnight shipping.
- USPS overnight costs are pretty reasonable when it comes to smaller packages. You can ship your smaller items via USPS Priority Mail Express Flat Rate. The only requirements are that the product must fit their packagit must weigh less than 70 lbs.
- Considering the UPS overnight shipping option, the UPS Next Day Air Saver is, by far, the cheapest overnight shipping cost. It is perfect for next-day deliveries by 3 pm.
- The other UPS overnight shipping prices are pretty high. To check out the UPS overnight cost, visit UPS official website.
- FedEx overnight rates are much higher. Though the most expensive, they offer world-class service. If you choose FedEx, the FedEx Standard Overnight is the cheapest option. It will get your shipment delivered by next-day 3 pm. you can get the FedEx overnight cost from its website.
- For international deliveries, DHL is the safest and fastest option. DHL same-day international delivery can get your orders delivered beyond borders within hours.
How Much Does Overnight Shipping Cost?
If you are wondering how much is overnight shipping, then the answer is simple – it depends. There are a few factors that impact shipping costs. Here’s a list of these factors.
1. Shipping Destination
Where is your package traveling?
The distance between the point of origin of a shipment and its destination (known as shipping zones) determines overnight shipping costs.
Courier companies use the shipping zones to calculate shipping costs. In the US, there are 8 such shipping zones – Zone 1 to Zone 8.
Shipments traveling to the same destinations might have different costs due to different points of origin. So, considering in the US g where an order is shipped from is important.
The higher the shipping zone, your order will be more expensive to ship. In case of overnight shipping options or next-day deliveries, the rates between shipping zones multiply.
2. Package Dimensions
Major carriers like UPS or FedEx use dimensional weight or DIM to calculate the shipping costs. DIM weight considers the package dimensions to find out the total shipping costs.
Coming to the DIM calculations, you get it by multiplying the length, width, and height of a package divided by a DIM divisor.
Generally, shipping services base their rates on whichever is greater – the DIM weight or the actual weight of the package. Any one of the two becomes the billable weight while determining the overnight shipping cost.
3. Package Weight
It costs you more to ship a heavier package than a lighter one. To calculate shipping costs, the carriers include the actual weight of the package if it is more than the dimensional weight. So, heavy packages are heavy on your pockets too!
4. Shipping Agreements
When it comes to making agreements with shipping companies, you must be aware of the prices they offer. You might be eligible to get discounted rates. A few shipping carriers offer cheaper rates for small businesses, while others provide discounts on shipping volume. So, when you choose carriers, determine how fast is overnight shipping and what discounts are available to you.
How can you Offer Overnight Shipping to Customers?
Being an eCommerce store, a third-party logistics provider can help you with overnight shipping options. These third-party service providers offer a variety of delivery options to customers.
The third-party logistics provider works with different shipping carriers. They use fulfillment centers for delivery. The delivery times are based on the carrier scans of the package. Depending on the day and the carrier, the shipments are delivered on the same day or the next business day.
The distance travelled by the packages also creates a huge impact on the overnight shipping costs. The third-party logistics providers have fulfillment centers in major cities. This reduces the distance by lowering the shipping zones. Hence, you can save bucks on overnight shipping. All in all, fulfillment centers ensure faster shipping and cheaper deliveries.
Besides, consider the shipping company’s transportation network that matches the package’s point of origin and its shipping destination via proper routes. If the shipping carrier has a staggered distribution, overnight shipping might be delayed and costlier.
So, choose your shipping carriers wisely. Make sure you end up offering the fastest overnight deliveries and at the cheapest rates.
Are you planning to offer customers excellent service? Then, fast shipping is no longer an option. It is a necessity for customer satisfaction.
You must offer customers a range of shipping options, including overnight shipping. But you must also ensure that your shipping costs are well within your budget. So, considering the rates and speed of the shipping carriers is vital.
Use the details we have provided in the blog and make informed decisions regarding your shipping carriers. When you choose the right shipping services, you can deliver the orders on time and keep your customers happy. Thus, you can enjoy better customer satisfaction, higher sales, and profits too!
- Now Shipping to Europe: ShippingChimp Expands Delivery Network - November 28, 2023
- Top Canadian Apparel Companies And Their Shipping Strategies - July 3, 2023
- Ultimate Guide To Shipping With Canada Post in 2023 - May 22, 2023