A stay-at-home mom starts her own embroidery business at 50. For the first time ever, she feels independent and in charge of her money. A 25-year-old starts his own makeup line, against all odds and even against norms. What’s the one thing tying both situations together? All small businesses start with a dream, not of making more money, but of living a life full of passion and freedom. The best part? Nothing can stop them. However, self-doubt can delay things. Let’s kill that together.
The first step is getting knowledge of the very basic things. These days, any eCommerce business owner should know how to generate and print labels. Because if you don’t do this part right, everything can go wrong.
Label generation is a process of generating a piece of paper that contains all the important information about a package – weight, postal code, tracking number, city and more. It is more like an ID for your order.
In this blog post, we dig deeper into the details of Canada Post Shipping Labels, How to print them and do we actually have other options for doing it?
Canada Post allows you to create and print your shipping labels online. Moreover, upon request, they will also pick up your order for you, saving you money on transportation.
Show me a template
What are a few things one can easily identify in this sample template?
This Canada Post shipping label contains –
- Tracking number
- To and from addresses
- Shipping Type
- Service type
- Postal Barcode
- Routing Number
There are more. Can you identify them?
Broadly speaking, Canada Post shipping labels can be generated in two easy ways –
- Through a software – In this way, you can integrate your eCommerce site with a shipping labels solution software like ShippingChimp and print your labels. Contrary to how it sounds, generating labels using a label gen software is actually extremely easy. You also get inexpensive shipping options using this. They usually have a very simple process, ideal for small business owners and have no minimum amount. ShippingChimp partners with Canada Post so it allows you to have a smooth flow and a proper dashboard where all your information gets stored.
Label creation using Shipping Chimp
Unlike shipping label services facilitated by shipping carriers, shipping label softwares are much more efficient. With ShippingChimp, label generation can be done in minutes. In addition to that, we also have an AI-based rate optimiser that shows the most affordable shipping rates. So be it Canada Post shipping rates or FedEx shipping rates, you’ll get to know it all. Moreover, you can also enter the Canada Post tracking number and get real-time updates.
Sign up for FREE here.
If you already are on Shopify all you need to do is –
- Add ShippingChimp from the Shopify App Store.
- Your account gets automatically created.
- To integrate with your WooCommerce or Shopify store, click on Integrations, Add the store URL and authorize.
- All your orders are already fetched from the marketplace.
- Click on the + sign to start creating labels.
- Add the sender’s and receiver’s address, and dimensions and start creating labels!
- Through Snap Ship – Canada Post has a free shipping tool, called Snap Ship that offers label generation and printing services when shipping less than 50 orders per day. This isn’t very efficient for bulk orders though.
Creating Shipping labels using Canada Post
All you have to do is –
- Log in to your Canada Post Solutions for Small Business Account
- Add the details of your package and your addresses
- Select your preferable shipping service. This is based on the speed you are offering on your website.
- If it’s an international order, fill out the Customs Form and add the contents of the package to it.
- Print your label.
Now you won’t be able to do any of this unless you have a Solutions for Small Business account. In such cases, you have to let the people at the Post Office create the labels for you.
- Can I write my shipping labels?
The short answer is yes. The long is because your package needs to have system-generated information that is sent by the carrier before shipping (think barcode), it will be much easier to fill in a template and do it online.
- How can I print my Canada Post Shipping Label?
You can print it at home or let your 3PL do it.
- How can we integrate ShippingChimp with Canada Post?
ShippingChimp lets you integrate with a plethora of carriers. After logging in and entering the basic information (address, dimensional weight etc), one simply has to select Canada Post as their desired carrier and log in from there.
- Do I need a special printer?
No, any modern printer will do the trick. However, Canada Post recommends laser printers or Inkjet printers.
- What is the standard shipping label size?
A standard shipping label size is 4” x 6”.
Generating Canada Post shipping labels at home is an affordable way to get started. It also helps you make fewer mistakes when it comes to shipping. If you ship orders in bulk, ShippingChimp makes it easy to navigate for both small and large businesses. It doesn’t matter if you are on Shopify, Magento or any other eCommerce platform. With one-click installation, generating and printing labels quickly is one click away.